Everyday is Monday


Is that time of the day again. I stand up exhaustedly, wash my face and brush my teeth in such a mechanical way just to relive the exact same day as yesterday. I sit in front of my laptop screen half asleep, with a cup of coffee in my hands expecting the drink to miraculously make me look wide awake in my Zoom classroom. Monday's class finally begins. I see some exciting faces full of light and other gloomy ones just exactly as mine. I am flying away somewhere in the first 10 minutes of the class. I don't even know where my mind is wandering at those instant moments. I slowly attempt to open my eyes each time there is a question asked to us so I try my best to put my brain to work so I can furiously answer the questions. The class is over but I do the same thing twice a day, everyday. That's how I slowly wait for the day to end knowing that I am trapped in this ongoing cycle. The days go by just like that. Is just me staring at my screen. Inside my own tiny place called the bedroom. I am sure there are some students out there who can relate to this on a spiritual level. 

Comments